Smile! Those teeth you are showing deserve the best care you can give them, yet the status quo of the software your dentist uses today is terrible.
Archy is a vertical SaaS solution that is revolutionizing the dental practice management space, giving dental providers cutting-edge software that allows them to do what they do best (be dentists!) while we handle the more technical sides of running their practice business.
We are seeking engineers who are comfortable operating in an early startup environment with unknowns, someone who can inject their technical ideas into the product as it takes shape and help make it amazing. In this role, you will join our small dev team, taking projects from inception to completion with quality safeguards and no unnecessary overhead. You will have easy access to the design team, the other developers, and the exec team. Your opinion will be held in high regard, especially when it makes people’s lives easier.
Our front-end stack is React and Typescript with Tailwind CSS running against a Java Spring Boot back end hosted on various AWS services. If you’ve got equivalent experience on a similar stack, that works too.
Objectives of this role:
- Own and build major technical domains
- Develop a deep understanding of products, customers, goals, organization, and schedule, identifying opportunities to deliver more value in less time at a very high quality bar
- Generate and document solutions based on project requirements and company standards
- Implement tools and standards that help the team accelerate safely
- Meet our quality standards in your own work while providing detailed design and code reviews for your coworkers
- Develop, train, and educate junior engineers, guide technical direction, and act as a technical liaison for customers when advanced field debugging is required
- Provide detailed planning and scoping estimates for yourself and junior engineers working closely with you
- Help ensure via monitoring and alerting that the system remains up and running to serve customers at all times
- In summary: communicate about requirements, write/review specs, write/review code, write/review tests, support the rest of the team in doing the same
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or demonstrated equivalent life experience
- Strong design sense (system, product, data, or otherwise)
- Strong focus on quality (testing, stability, completeness)
- Strong customer focus – people will be betting their businesses on our ability to consistently deliver
- Able to incorporate constructive feedback about communication, technical contributions, and every other part of the job
- Able to provide constructive feedback to coworkers in a respectful and understanding manner
- Must respect the parts of the team culture that every other member brings to the table